Monday, April 2, 2012

A-Z April Blogging Challenge - B - Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey

Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey is her debut historical fiction novel and the first of a trilogy of the life of Marie Antoinette. This commencement novel received high reviews from several notable historical fiction authors.

A young Marie Antoinette is destined to marry the Dauphin of France but, before the alliance is solidified, she must first transform from a young girl enjoying from an idyllic childhood in Austria into a young woman capable of handling the intricacies of the French court.

Juliet Grey's second novel in the Marie Antoinette series, Days of Splendor, Days of Sorrow: A Novel of Marie Antoinette is due to be released May 15, 2012.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book! I like that it's a trilogy. I would enjoy this one. Thanks for sharing the info.

    And welcome to the Challenge!

    KarenG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. I too love series novels. Sometimes a book is sooooo good I need to read more.

      Delete
  2. Hello Darlene. You have a very pretty blog and also your Collie is adorable. If you like Historical Romance, could I interest you the this blog: http://RavencraftRealm.blogspot.com It is all about romance novels and they include all sub-genre types including historical and regency. You might find more books there you'd like. :)

    Found you on the A to Z Challenge list. I'm one name above you at http://authorjdbrown.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    J.D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check you out. I'm glad for the postive comment about the blog. I spent some time today redesigning it. And, yes, my Collie, Abi, is absolutely adorable but she makes a lousy secretary! Thanks for chekcing out my blog.

      Delete
  3. I'm about 60% of the way through this novel so will have a review upcoming.

    ReplyDelete