Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A-Z April Blogging Challenge - Q - the QUEEN'S PAWN by Christy English


the Queen's Pawn by Christy English recounts the life of Princess Alais of France, who was destined to marry Richard, one of Henry II and Eleanore of Aquitaine's offspring.  I have read so historical fiction novels that graze over Alais, other than to mention she was left to languish in England for several years waiting to marry Richard and, eventually, caught the eye of the adulterous Henry.

I hope to learn much more about Alais and her life in the Queen's Pawn.  Welcomed by Eleanor as a daughter, the relationship sours when Henry begins to view Alais with typical undisguised desire.  Now Alais is Eleanor's rival, a battle the strong-willed Eleanor is determined to win.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Christy English novels all over the place. I haven't read any of them yet but I love historical fiction.

    And you're right. Most of these novels pass Alais by. It'll be interesting to read about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Alais must have been a long-suffering woman (and strong-willed) to endure the tedious and dangerous life she was forced to live.

    ReplyDelete