Saturday, April 28, 2012

A-Z April Blogging Challenge - Y - YEAR OF THE HYDENAS: A Novel of Murder in Ancient Eygpt (Semerket #1) by Brad Geagley

Year of the Hyenas:  A Novel of Murder in Ancient Egypt (Semerket #1) by Brad Geagley is the first in a series set during the reign of Rames III.

The protagonist, Semerket, is a Clerk of Investigations and Secrets, with a drinking problem and a tendency towards irreverent behavior to those in power.  An elderly Theban priestess is murdered and Semerket is hired to solve the case, which is considered a insignificant murder at best.

However, Semerket discovers it is a less than significant murder and is soon embroiled in a conspiracy against the life of Ramses.   Unknownst to him, his ex-wife, whom he still loves passionately, is in the clutches of the conspirators.

Semerket has to choose between the salvation of Egypt or his ex-wife.  What will he do....

4 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled to see this page! Thanks for reading my first novel...
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've haven't read it yet, but it is my pile of library books. I believe that if my theme is "books I want read", it only proper I should read them. My review of your novel will show up some time soon!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun book. I like hyenas. They aren't as scary as people generally think. I even got a chance to feed one in Ethiopia:

    http://www.gadling.com/2011/04/19/hyenas-in-harar-a-unique-relationship-between-beast-and-man/

    I was looking for a follow button on this blog but I can't find one. Am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shawn, thanks for leaving your comment. I'm not sure I'd want to feed one! You can scroll down to the bottom and follow by email. I've tried to put facebook on and it wouldn't work. Something I have to investigate further.

      Delete